How to Make Santa Cutlery Holders [Debbie Shore]
Looking for a fun way to add festive cheer to your table this Christmas? We’ve a fantastic Christmas sewing project that’s bound to leave your guets impressed, before they’ve even tucked into the turkey! Check out these adorable Santa cutlery holders from the lovely Debbie Shore! Want to know how to create your own? Read Debbie Shore’s step-by-step Christmas sewing project below. Not sure how many guests you’ll be cooking for this Christmas? Start sewing now, and you’ll have plenty of time to make as many as you need to, before the big day.
Brighten up your Christmas table with these cute felt Santa cutlery holders! They can easily be sewn by hand and given their own personality by adding expressions to the faces and a few holly leaves to the hats.
- 1 x 9″ Square of Red Felt
- 1 x 9″ Square of White Felt
- 6″ Square of Beige Felt
- 2 Googly Eyes (you could use buttons or French Knots instead)
- Button or Bead for the Nose
- Blusher and Cotton Wool Bud
- 1# Free Pattern – Download Here
- 2# Free Pattern – Download Here
- 3# Free Pattern – Download Here
Cut out your pattern pieces in felt. Snip into the fringe and moustache.
Place the felt beard over the face and sew around the top curve.
Now for the fun bit. Add Santa’s moustache to the centre of the beard, either by sewing or glueing, then pop the button or bead nose over the top. Glue the googly eyes either side of the nose, then fold over the point of the hat and secure with a couple of stitches. Sew the pom-pom over the top. Use a cotton bud to add a little blusher to his cheeks!
Make as many Santas as you need, pop in your cutlery, and enjoy your Christmas dinner!
Want to keep this project in your sewing box so you can revisit it? Find the printable version right here!
Keen to brighten someone’s Christmas with the joy of craft? Spread the word with #lonelytree, and share your makes online for all to see! We can’t wait to see what you creative crafties can do!
- Our Top Tips for Spring Cleaning Your Craft Room - 7th March 2019
- The Benefits of Knitting: Why Learning To Knit Is Fantastic For Your Health! - 27th January 2019
- Birthday Card Organiser with FREE Printable Template! - 27th December 2018