Celebrate Pride Month With Our Colour-Popping Pride Pebbles!
Love is Love! Rainbows are the iconic symbol of the LGBTQ+ community. Show your support and celebrate Pride Month this June, by making these fun, colourful rainbow inspired pebbles, created by the fabulous Momtaz Begum-Hossain.
You Will Need:
- Acrylic paints in rainbow colours
- Paint brushes (thin and thick)
- Black marker pens
- Metallic marker pens
- Felt pens in rainbow colours
- Varnish for acrylic paints
- Bowl of warm soapy water
How to Make Pride Pebbles:
Start by cleaning your pebbles. Leave them to soak for an hour in warm soapy water then dry them out on both sides.
Paint your pebbles with two layers of white acrylic paint, leaving them to dry in between coats. If you want to paint both sides, you’ll need to turn the pebbles over and do the same on the back. If your design has a coloured background, like the pink and blue pebbles shown, paint two coats before you add any pencil details.
Draw your rainbow design onto your pebbles using a pencil. Here are some ideas:
- Draw a heart with rainbow stripes
- Draw a rainbow arch
- Create rainbow stripes across the pebble, or as concentric circles
- Draw a flag using a ruler to create straight lines. You could either draw the classic Pride flag which features rainbow colours, or the newer Pride Progress flag that has additional colours to include greater diversity, recognising ethnicity, and the transgender community.
The fun part! Start painting your rainbows. For the best result, apply two coats so the colours are bold, and really pop.
If you’d like to add text to your pebble, write it on with a pencil, then go over with a marker pen. If you’re using metallics, write your words then outline the letters with a thinner black marker pen, so the text is more striking.
Finally, lightly spray your pebbles with clear varnish spray to preserve your design.
Once your colour-popping pride pebbles are complete, you can then use them as decorations, gift them, or brighten up a public space, like a local community garden, by placing your pebbles outside to be found!
Looking for more bold and beautiful technicolour crafts created for us by Momtaz? Check out this gorgeous Rainbow Tassell Wall Decor you can create using your yarn stash!
- How To Make Pretty Paper Plate Flowers - 28th July 2021
- Craft A Lovely Llama With Our Easy Weaving Tutorial - 23rd July 2021
- Reach For The Stars With Our Gorgeous Celestial Trinket Dish - 21st July 2021