DIY Tassel Lampshade: 2020’s Top Home Decor Hack
The perfect combination of rustic charm and elegant opulence, this stunning tassel lampshade has a chandelier vibe to it, but without the garish sparkle… which is why it’s so popular right now! But buying one of these will set you back significantly – which is why we love this latest home decor hack from the fabulous Denise Holmes. A beautiful handmade rustic tassel lampshade, that you can create yourself with just a few supplies, and a dose of crafty ingenuity! Read on to discover exactly how to make yours.
Skill Level: Easy
You Will Need:
- 4 balls of Deramores Studio DK (100g) in Pearl or any yarn, cotton (colour and thickness of your choice).
- Metal wreaths or rings
- Sharp scissors
- 4 x 6 inch piece of card (or 4 x 6 inch empty photo frame)
- Gold or silver coloured chain – 4 pieces approximately 7 inches long each.
- Gold or silver ring to attach chains to at the top.
How to Make a DIY Tassel Lampshade:
Wrap your yarn around the card or frame 50 times.
Cut a piece of yarn to approx. 4-5 inches, slip under the wrapped yarn and tie lightly as above.
Cut the wrapped yarn, remove from card or frame, pull the knotted piece of yarn to the middle and fold in half.
Cut another piece of yarn to approx. 4-5 inches and tie a knot around the top of the tassel about an inch down.
Make approximately 75-80 of these, depending on how full you wish your lampshade to be.
Tie tassels onto the larger florist’s wreath.
Tie tassels onto the smaller florist’s wreath.
Cut four pieces of yarn approx 8 inches in length, and fold in half.
Attach the smaller wreath to larger wreath using these pieces of yarn, so that it hangs just under the large wreath.
Open the hooks at the end of the chains and hook in four places on your larger wreath. Open hooks at the other end and attach to the metal ring, and your DIY tassel lampshade is complete! The only thing left to decide, is which room to hang it in… or perhaps whether you’ll be making more than one!
- How To Make Pretty Paper Plate Flowers - 28th July 2021
- Craft A Lovely Llama With Our Easy Weaving Tutorial - 23rd July 2021
- Reach For The Stars With Our Gorgeous Celestial Trinket Dish - 21st July 2021