Craft Our DIY Autumn Crown: Fit For Forest Royalty!
What better way to spend an autumn day than donning your hat and coat, and going foraging for some beautiful fallen leaves? Once you’ve collected and pressed them, turn them into a fabulous autumn crown, so you can be king or queen of the forest! Check out Penelope Quinn’s step-by-step tutorial below, and spend this fall getting creative…
You Will Need:
- Gold paper
- Pressed leaves (press for at least a week with some paper towel and a heavy book)
- Clear glue
- Sequins and gems to decorate
First, cut a simple crown shape out of your gold paper. Leave a couple of strips so you can secure it around your head.
Take your pressed leaves, and begin to glue these down onto the crown. Start with the larger leaves first, and build on top of that.
Continue until you have covered the entire crown with gorgeous fall leaves.
Time to get creative… decorate with eye-catching sparkles such as sequins, gems, glitter… or anything else you have tucked away in your craft stash!
Now your autumn crown is complete, time to pop it on, and wear your crafty project with pride.
Looking for more crafty ways to encourage the children to get creative? Dive into the rest of our projects and tutorials right here.
- Houseplant Home Crafts: How To Make Felt Succulents - 18th October 2021
- Bold & Beautiful Quilled Sugar Skull Art Tutorial - 15th October 2021
- Make A Super Cute Ghost Tealight Holder For Spooktacular Home Decor! - 13th October 2021