VIDEO: “Bee Happy” Hanging Heart Home Décor
Show your home a little love with this bee-autiful hanging heart decoration. Suitable for crafters of all skill levels, this stunning heart by Trimcraft‘s Kathy Hodson is the perfect project to show your home a little love in the new year. All you need is a wooden hanging heart, floral dies, adhesives, and the Dovecraft Bee Happy Papercraft Collection.
Time to Make: 1 Hour
Skill Level: Beginner
You Will Need:
- Dovecraft Premium Bee Happy paper pad
- Wooden hanging heart
- Dovecraft Premium Bee Happy bee stamp
- Dovecraft Premium Bee Happy jewels
- First Edition Nesting Blooms dies
- Leaf dies
- Foam pads
- OPTIONAL: Ball tool and mat
- Choose a range of different 6″ x 6″ designs from the Dovecraft Bee Happy paper pad and die-cut the flower shapes using the three smallest dies from the Nesting Blooms set. Die-cut a few leaf shapes as well using either the Seasonal Foliage die set or any other leaf dies.
- Give your petals dimension by manipulating the papers with your fingers. Alternatively, you can use a ball tool and foam mat. Run the ball tool all over the paper cuts in a circular motion to shape the petals. Varying the pressure will give you blooms with different shapes.
- You will need to layer the die-cuts, building some flowers to two layers and some to three. Using foam pads between layers will make your petals stand out with dimension.
- Add a Bee Happy jewel in the centre of each flower.
- Fix the flowers to your heart by placing them in a cluster on the bottom right side. Start with the largest and add smaller ones around them. Add the leaves around the edges.
- Stamp the Bee Happy bee stamp onto one of the pale papers from the pad and fussy cut around the edges. Repeat this step so that you have two bees. Fix one bee with the flowers and one on the top right side of the heart.
Share your thoughts, feelings, and deepest desires in the comment box below!